2014 Election

Division 2
Paul Rybka

Division 4
Richard Wilson

Division 6
Mike Ethier

Elected by acclamation for a 4 year term

Please Visit our Facebook Page

  • Add a Concern
  • Comment or Like a Post


Interruption of Water Service to Prince Albert Rural Water Utility Customers

July 25, 2016

Due to the Husky Oil spill that has entered the north Saskatchewan River which moving towards the City of Prince Albert, City officials have moved to shut off the water supply to the Prince Albert Rural Water Utility. Therefore no water is being supplied to Prince Albert Rural Water Utility customers.

The length of this interruption in water service is currently unknown.

Options available for alternate treated potable water supply are the tank fill locations in the towns of St. Louis, and Shellbrook. There are also two community wells in the RM of Prince Albert No. 461 that supply non-potable water. One is located on the east side of the Steep Creek area and the other is located off of Duncan Road in the southern part of the RM.

Please refer to Prince Albert Rural Water Utility website at parwu.com for further updates relative to this water service interruption matter.

View the declaration.

Fire Management Bylaw No. 7 of 2015

The new Fire Management Bylaw No. 7 of 2015 is in place for issuing burning permits and to put fire ban's in effect as required.

If you are not the owner of the land and you are applying for a burning permit, you will be required to provide a written letter from the owner or owners stating permission is granted to you to allow for a control burn on their land. (See section 3 (c) of Bylaw No. 7 of 2015)

For more information, please call the office at 306-763-2469.


Burning Permit

Owner(s) Permission Letter – Sample

Scholarship Opportunity

Attention Grade 12 Students!!

The Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM) is sponsoring Two (2) $1500.00 scholarships in Agricultural Safety and Rural Health Deadline for application is February 5, 2016.

For more information see attached letter from the University of Saskatchewan. Application details are included here.


Beginning December 1st winter weights will be in effect for the entire province, until the last day in February 2016 unless deferred or extended by Ministers order at which time restrictions may be imposed again until March 14th 2016. On March 15th 2016 at 12:01 A.M. winter weights are no longer in effect and summer weights apply.

Payments to the RM
Please note we accept cash, debit, or cheque for payments of taxes and other fees or costs payable to the RM of Prince Albert. We do not accept credit card payments.

Keeping Prince Albert and Area Beautiful Campaign
Our office recently provided an insert along with tax notices referring to Keeping Prince Albert and Area Beautiful campaign advising residents to report occurrences of illegal waste dumping by calling 911. Please note, that this was incorrect direction.

PLEASE CALL 1-800-667-7561 to report illegal waste dumping or #5555 if you are a SaskTel cellular customer.

Halcro Road
Construction of 2 Kilometers of Halcro road to replace failed portion has commenced.

Road Maintenance
The RM of Prince Albert with the support of the Provincial Disaster Assistance Program(PDAP)has been fixing a number of failed road areas due to the past four years of flooding issues. There are many projects yet to be completed. The RM is making progress on these projects at a steady pace. Your patience and understanding regarding these projects is appreciated.

Read the 2015 SARM Student Scholarship

Did you know that...

  • The Saskatchewan Disease Control
    The Saskatchewan Disease Control Laboratory will provide free bacteriological testing for citizens with a private water supply who are concerned that their water has been contaminated by flooding. For more information you can contact Saskatchewan disease control @ 306-787-7138.
  • Agricultural Exemptions
    Taxable agriculture land can be applied as an exemption to your taxable residence.
  • Vacant residences
    Vacant residences can be exempt from taxes if you provide us in writing of that fact.


What's New

Recycling for Free

RM of Prince Albert ratepayers are encouraged to recycle the following products/items at the North Central Saskatchewan Waste Management Corporation Shop:
460 – 40th Street East

Please call for hours of operation

  • Paper
  • Newspaper
  • Plastic Bags
  • Cardboard
  • Tin Cans
  • Plastic Milk Jugs
  • Etc.

There are large collection bins on site to accept this material at no charge.

Please see attached brochure for an easy guide to recycling.

Pop bottles, pop cans and other beverage containers, can be recycled at SARCAN at

3865 – 5th Avenue East
44 North Industrial Drive

For more information, please contact the RM office at 306-763-2469. Recycling Brochures are available.

New Division 3 Councillor

New Division 3 Councillor is Barton Franc, who was elected by acclamation on Wednesday September 30, 2015.


CFIB ranks best & worst property tax gaps in 32 Saskatchewan RMs

Eight RMs shared lowest municipal property tax gap in 2014; Mervin the highest

Regina, November 19, 2015 - The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) released its comparison of property tax gaps between 32 Saskatchewan Rural Municipalities (RMs) with a population of 1,000 or more and the results are concerning for business owners. The overall results for RMs in 2014 were mixed across the province. On average, small business owners paid 3 .86 times the municipal property taxes of residential property owners in 2014.

FIB's 8th annual research report, Wanted: Property Tax Fairness in Saskatchewan examines municipal and total property tax gaps for 69 municipalities and 32 Rural Municipalities (RMs) with a population of 1,000 or more. The gap measures the ratio of commercial and residential property tax bills for properties assessed at $200,000.

"The good news is some RMs do a better job than others in making municipal property taxes more fair for small businesses," said Marilyn Braun-Pollon, CFIB's Vice-President, Prairie and Agri-business. "However, the bad news is many Saskatchewan business owners continue to pay more than their fair share and get the short­end of the property tax stick."

In fact, commercial property owners in Saskatchewan's largest 32 RMs paid from $1.43 to $18.81 for every dollar in municipal property taxes paid by residential property owners, with an average of $3.86 (see Backgrounder).

Eight RMs shared the lowest municipal property tax gap; The RM of Mervin had the highest

The Best:

  • The lowest municipal property tax gap in 2014 was shared by eight RMs; Lumsden, Buckland, Prince Albert, South Qu'Appelle, Dundurn, Moose Jaw, Hudson Bay, and Battle River with a gap of 1.43
  • The RM of Moose Jaw had the lowest commercial municipal property tax bill of $850

The Worst:

  • The RM of Mervin had the highest municipal property tax gap of 18.81
  • The RM of Wilton had the highest commercial municipal property tax bill of $15,400

When provincial education property taxes are factored in, commercial property owners in the largest 3 2 RMs are paying on average 3.03 times the property taxes of residential property owners.

This report should be required reading for all municipal leaders as they determine their 2016 operating budgets in the coming weeks. "We worry many RMs may continue to hike property taxes to fund unsustainable spending," added Braun-Pollon.

PA Alert - Register Here

Clean Farms offers an obsolete collection campaign. You can return unwanted and obsolete pesticides and livestock medications to locations on dates identified on the poster and brochure below.


Public Notices & Information


Please drive with caution when traveling on ALL RM of Prince Albert roads.

Culverts may be undermined.

Report any washouts or concerns to the RM Shop at 306-922-8283, rm461shop@skyvelocity.ca or rm461.concerns@sasktel.net.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Do I need a burning permit and if so, for what type of burning...

A burning permit is required for all types of burning within the RM of Prince Albert. There are two types of burning permit, one is a seasonal permit for a burning barrel and/or barbeque pit. The second type of burning permit is for a controlled burn such as burning a brush pile or slough edges, this is a one week only permit and may be extended by contacting the RM office at 306-763-2469. Permits are required from April 1 to November 30.

For one week permits you must call the City of Prince Albert at 1-866-404-4911 before you burn and again when the fire is out. *Please call this number if you are burning from December 1 to March 31 to advise the fire department that you are burning.*


Hours of Operation

We are open Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 12:00 noon
1:00 pm to 5:00 pm


Contact Information

You can submit concerns / comments to
RM of Prince Albert #461
99 – River Street E.
Prince Albert, SK  S6V 0A1
Phone: 306-763-2469
Fax: 306-763-6369
Email: rm461@sasktel.net
Administrator Terrence Schneider
Assistant Administrator Roxanne Roy
Administrative Assistant Shelley Jasnoch
Municipal Shop
Foreman: Fran Lucyshyn
Prince Albert District Planning Commission
Chairperson Norma Sheldon    
Planning Officer Jason Kaptein 306-764-2751 padpc@sasktel.net
Prince Albert Rural Water Utility
General Manager    Ken Danger 306-764-6200 parwu@sasktel.net
Chairperson Don Fyrk    
Pest Control Officer Allan McKay 306-763-2469

2016 Poison Dates – to be announced.

  • East ½ of Highway #2 – August 3, 2015 to August 21, 2015
(Please contact the R.M. office for any issues with stray animals.)



lake shore line