Property values are determined by Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency (SAMA) Methods of Assessment – The methodology for calculating assessed value differs according to different types of properties. Listed below are the different ways this methodology is applied. Valuation Standards – There are two valuation standards set out in province legislation:
- Market Valuation; and
- Regulated Property Assessment Valuation Standard
- is prepared using mass appraisal;
- is an estimate of the market value of the estate in fee simple in the property;
- reflects typical market conditions for similar properties; and
- meets quality assurance standards established by order of the agency.
- For detailed revaluation, visit the SAMA website.