The purpose of this post is to inform you that Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) has launched an open call for proposals (CFP) under the Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities (OF), which will remain open from May 30, 2022 to July 22, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
ESDC is accepting applications for:
Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities – National and Regional Components
This CFP will fund projects that support individuals, employers and others that work to support disability inclusion and accessibility in employment. The CFP is soliciting projects that:
- Promote an inclusive recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Address both new and long-standing labour market barriers for persons with disabilities; and
- Provide innovative programming in support of persons with disabilities who are most underserved and/or further from the labour market.
The CFP for OF will provide up to $15 million per project over a period of 3 years (36 consecutive months).
Information on how to apply
To apply, or obtain more information about how to prepare your application, visit the following link:
Information sessions will also be available to provide an overview of the program and its objectives, as well as instructions on how to apply for interested applicants. Sessions will be available in both Official Languages and will be fully accessible. If you have an accommodation request in order to participate, please advise at the address below before June15, 2022.
The English sessions will be held on June 21, 2022 from 9:30 to 10:30 PDT and June 22, 2022 from 1:00 to 2:00 PDT.
The French session will be held on June 22, 2022 from 10:00 to 11:30 PDT.
If you are interested in taking part in an information session please RSVP at the address below before June 15, 2022.
(Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Yukon,
We will provide you with the information and instructions on how to participate.
We invite you to share this news with your colleagues and networks.
Objective of the Opportunities Fund Program
The Opportunities Fund (OF) program helps persons with disabilities increase their economic participation and independence by:
- preparing for, finding, and keep good jobs or becoming self employed, or
- advancing in their careers or taking on new or greater responsibilities.
The program also provides supports to employers to help them make their workplaces more inclusive and accessible.
The OF program funds a wide range of supports and services, including:
- Pre-employment and employability supports;
- Job search supports;
- Work experience;
- Self-employment assistance;
- Wage subsidies;
- Skills development;
- Career advancement supports; and
- Employer engagement and awareness initiatives to encourage employers to hire and retain persons with disabilities and make their workplaces more inclusive and accessible.
To apply, you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
Your organization must be 1 of the following types:
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- For-profit organizations (if nature and intent of the activity in its proposal is non commercial, not intended to generate profit, and supports program priorities and objectives);
- Municipal governments;
- Educational Institutions (including post-secondary institutions), school boards;
- Indigenous organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities); or
- Provincial and territorial governments, institutions, agencies and Crown Corporations with approval from the Minister.
Always at your service! Toujours à votre service!
Citizen Services Specialist, Citizen Services Branch
Service Canada / Government of Canada
firstname.lastname@example.org / Cell: 780-231-4709
Spécialiste des Services aux Citoyens, Direction générale des services aux citoyens
Service Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
email@example.com / Cél : 780-231-4709